Plant Geek Pledge
Find this page at:
- I promise to graze in the garden at any given opportunity
- I promise to really really love my plants by talking to them a lot about everything, even singing my favorite song to give them lots of Carbon Dioxide
- I promise to sink my toes into the soft earth and sing “Dirt Made My Lunch”
- I will always hug a tree, especially on cloudy days when they need the extra love.
- I will dance like a honeybee and try to show other bees where the best nectar is.
- I promise to sniff many plants even at the risk of finding one that smells like dirty gym socks
- I promise to ask questions and wonder about things like, why is gardening so much fun?
- I promise to whisper secrets to the snapdragons and share the secret with others.
- I promise to take a 5 second nap anytime I touch the velvety leaves of a lamb’s ear.
- I promise to laugh when I tickle a sensitive plant and fold up my leaves too.